The Healthcare Navigator provides medical support, advocacy and education to individuals with medical needs and healthcare concerns. An emphasis is placed on STBBI prevention and education, HIV /Hepatitis C care and support, and connecting people to appropriate medical services both within Grande Prairie and outside of our community. The Healthcare Navigator works in collaboration with individuals and other healthcare providers to reduce the barriers associated with accessing appropriate medical treatment.
The Healthcare Navigator is available Monday through Friday during office hours on a walk-in basis and can also be reached by phone (780-538-3388) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). In office appointments are not necessary but you are encouraged to call in advance to ensure someone is available to see you. The Healthcare Navigator is available to all individuals with medical concerns, no referral necessary.
Please note: The Healthcare Navigator is not a physician and cannot provide medical treatment, medications, or prescriptions. If you are experiencing an emergency please dial 911 or report directly to your nearest emergency room.
Basic Services Provided:
- Basic wound care in office
- Free, confidential pregnancy testing and support
- Walk in Wellness Clinic Mondays 9:00am-12:00pm at Rotary House Clinic and 2:00pm-4:00pm at HIV North Office.
- Navigation of healthcare system and available community resources
- Connection and referral to appropriate healthcare providers
- Advocacy and support during medical appointments and follow up care
- Health teaching/education
- Pre-booked medical transportation
- HIV, Hepatitis C and other STBBI care and support
- Addictions and Mental Health support